Sunday 9 April 2017

Day 51: Dominican Republic and Habichuela con dulce

Buenas tardes, Raffies!

Today was a wonderful Sunday. I even managed to get a sunburn while dangling in my spontaneous Sunday-shopping :) (I'll be writing a post about it soon)

I have been burning to make a dessert for quite some time now. Therefore, while looking for a dish for the Dominican Republic, this sweet dish caught my attention.
This dish is also very fitting, since it is typical for Lent, the Spanish cuaresma, the period before Easter.
The recipe I have followed, clearly showed me the steps to take for this dish, which is actually really easy to make. This dessert consists of red kidney beans, evaporated milk, coconut milk, sugar, sweet potatoes, raisins, clovers and cinnamon. Add some traditional Dominican cookies (unfortunately, I could not find the original ones..sorry) and enjoy it warm or cold. It was really good, similar to a cream or custard.


Have you ever tried it?

Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment