Saturday 8 April 2017

Day 50: Dominica and Callaloo

Good evening, Raffies!

We are at day 50! One fourth of the challenge is over..It is hard for me to grasp that I have been into this challenge, eating a different dish from a different country every day for the last 50 days..

Anyway, today was a wonderful sunny day and I enjoyed an afternoon sitting in the sun in my backyard.
Today we are going to enjoy some nice green soup from Dominica. It was a lovely soup and I must admit that its green colour got me a bit too enthusiastic.
Callaloo is the national dish of Dominica. It was a widespread dish among the African slaves in the Caribbean and remains a big favourite all over the archipelago. Its green colour is given by the dasheen leaves, or alternatively spinach.
Very satisfying and flavourful!


 Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment