Wednesday 22 March 2017

Day 33: Canada and Nanaimo bars

Howdy, Raffies!

Today we are going to Canada! This is one of the countries high up on my bucket list..

Anyways, I have been longing to making a cake or some dessert for a while now, therefore we are going to tickle our sugar tooth today with the legendary Nanaimo bars.



Upon reading about them, there is quite some mystery involved, but I too wanted to try these little squares..
They taste delicious! I myself am not much of a sugar tooth, nor do I love chocolate, but this was really good. I have also read that there are varieties with mint or peanut and I would be really curious to try those too..

Are you familiar with Nanaimo bars? If you want to try this at home, I have loosely followed this recipe. Why loosely? Because I have made a vanilla custard for the middle layer, since I am not much of a sugar tooth and I prefer less sugary dishes.

Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment