Monday 3 April 2017

Day 45: Cuba and Ropa Vieja Cubana

Buenas, Raffies!

Tonight we are going to Cuba and enjoy some nice Ropa vieja cubana.
This dish is the most famous dish on the island, but it seems that it is not originally a Cuban dish. Variations of this dish exist all over Latin America and even as far as Spain.

Ropa vieja takes a lot of time to make, I won't deny it. Therefore, if you can, prepare the cocido - the meat- the night before. I didn't, but I used the pressure pot to speed things up. As for the recipe, I used a version in Spanish. I accompanied the Ropa vieja with some fried potatoes.

The dish itself was very flavourful and very tasty. My only regret is that my meat did not make those nice strings..guess I'll have to practice some more..


Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment