Sunday 26 March 2017

Day 37: China and Mapo Tofu

Hello, Raffies!

Today we enjoyed a wonderful spring day. My husband kept himself busy with gardening and landscaping, his newly found passion. I was patient enough to take him to the store and patiently wait for him to finish his shopping.

China is today's country. There are so many different dishes and so many wonderful recipes for this so culinary rich country, that it was not easy to choose something. Since I wanted to change from the usual meat, fish or vegetable dish, I decided that something with tofu could have been a good idea. Thus, mapo tofu.

Mapo tofu is a dish originating in the region of Szechuan. Therefore it is quite spicy. The recipe is really simple and quick to prepare.

For this dish, I have followed a recipe from my Chinese cookbook, but here you can find an easy and delicious recipe.



I decided to add some veggies to the dish and therefore made a tomato salad and a cucumber salad. It was obviously delicious!



Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment