Saturday 25 March 2017

Day 36: Chile's Completos

Good evening, Raffies!

Today we are going to Chile and are going to make the Chilean revisited hot dog: Completos.
Ever since a dear friend of mine introduced me to this version, I have been dreaming of going to Chile and trying out some real completos.

The usual completo contains a hot dog in a bun with mayo, ketchup, avocado, onions, tomatoes and cheese. Basically, you can out anything you like on them. Very common is also Sauerkraut, which despite my being half German, is something I have disliked ever since I was a kid. My mom used to make it quite often, but no way I could ever bring myself to like it.
For my recipe, I have chosen some freshly baked baguette, instead of the hot dog bun. I have also made the mayonnaise and the ketchup myself.

I really like this for a party, where anyone can personalise their bun, without you having to adapt your menu to everyone's preferences.



Have you ever tried completos before?

Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment