Tuesday 14 March 2017

Day 24: Brazil and Pão de Queijo

Boa tarde Raffies!



Ever since this Brazilian friend of mine had told me about Pão de Queijo, I had wanted to try it. Therefore, choosing the dish for Brazil was already set in stone long before this challenge started.
Today I was coming home from Italy, leaving the warmth and sunny days behind and sticking back to the grey daily routine.

 I had brought with me a great deal of Grana Padano, you might call it Parmesan cheese, but for a cheese lover like me it is not the same. I was also able to find tapioca flour, which had been all but easy. Before leaving for my Dutch lesson, I prepared the little balls with a leap of faith, as the recipe kindly suggested. The dough was all sticky and far from a nice bread dough, but I placed the balls on the tray and left them in the oven.

 As I came home and opened the door, this mouthwatering flavour greeted me..The little balls were awesome! Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, like my friend had always described them to me..and yes, I fear I am now addicted to these little ones too..

This recipe helped me out a lot with my leap of faith.

Beijos,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment