Saturday 4 March 2017

Day 14: Bangladesh and Macheer jhol


Good evening Raffies!

I hope you are enjoying the weekend.


Day 14: Bangladesh and Machher Jhol. Tonight we were going to Bangladesh with a dish coming from a country I shamefully admit I know very little about.

Machher jhol is a traditional fish stew in Bangladesh and comes in infinite variations. There seems to be no limit to what you can add into the stew, as long as it contains a lot of spices and chillies, fish and potatoes. Most of the time it is accompanied with plain white rice.
It is the first dish in this challenge that resembles a curry. It was delicious! As a big fan of spicy foods and curries in general, I must say that I would very much like to try this dish in Bangladesh someday.


Have you ever tried this dish? Are you familiar with any traditional dishes of Bangladesh? I have followed this recipe for this dish.

See you tomorrow!

 Love,

 Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment