Tuesday 28 February 2017

Day Seven: Argentina and berenjenas en escabeche

Hello Raffies!

Moving over to the American continent. Next on the list is Argentina. I wanted to make an asado, a traditional barbecue, but the weather in the Netherlands is far from allowing any barbecues. Therefore I decided to challenge myself in something I had never done before: pickles!
To be perfectly honest, being married to a Japanese got me to make Japanese and Korean pickles, but I had never pickled anything in the Western style.
Thus, I made berenjenas en escabeche, pickled aubergines, with carne a la plancha, grilled meat, and some salsa chimichurri. I know that it would have been better, if the aubergines had had more time to ferment properly, but even after a day in their marinade they were awesome!

Here is one recipe you can follow for your dish.

See you tomorrow!

Love,

Raffi


No comments:

Post a Comment