Friday 2 June 2017

Day 106: Malaysia and Roti Jala with Malaysian Chicken Curry


Good evening, Raffies!

Today we are going to Malaysia and I am making my very first Roti Jala!
The Malaysian cuisine seems to be a mixture of Chinese, Indian and Indonesian cuisine. Therefore, it is very flavourful and rich in different varieties and tastes.

Without further ado let's dig in!


Starting with the roti, I have followed this recipe, which I think explains the procedure of the net making very well.


As for the chicken curry, I have followed my mom's old cookbook she got from her time living in Indonesia many years ago. But for you guys, I have searched a similar version and here it is.

If you are curious about more dishes from Malaysia, I think the "Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia & The Philippines" by Ghillie Basan, Terry Tan and Vilma Laus gives a great introduction to the cuisine of the far East.

As for the dish, I love the roti! It was great! I regretted that there was not much more curry sauce to eat up with the folded pancakes.

Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment