Monday 29 May 2017

Day 102: Luxembourg and Trout with Riesling sauce and Gromperekichelcher


Gudden Owend, Raffies!

Tonight we are finally having fish again! We are going to Luxembourg and enjoying some traditional Gromperekichelcher, potato pancakes, and some nice trout with a Riesling wine sauce.

First things first, when I was searching for a recipe, I had actually found a lovely recipe for hare, Huesenziwwi, but due to the heat and my accepting the fact that we would never be able to finish a whole hare in 2, I changed my recipe on Saturday, before going shopping.

To be honest, I did not expect the recipe to resemble German cuisine that much. While I was cooking, I realised that the Gromperekichelcher was very similar to the Rösti my mom used to make when I was a kid.


For the recipe:

500 g potatoes
2 shallots, finely chopped,
1 egg (might be two depending on the size of the egg)
flour
salt
pepper
nutmeg
oil for frying
q.s. parsley, chopped

Start by grating the peeled potatoes into a bowl. Add the shallots, parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg and egg(s). Mix well and add enough flour to be able to shape burgers out of the dough. Fry the patties in a fry pan with oil. This will take approximately 3 minutes. Then flip over and fry for another 2-3 minutes.


For the trout (for 2 people):

2 cleaned trouts
2 shallots, chopped
1 tbsp juice of a lemon
q.s. butter
1 tsp flour
q.s. parsley
70 ml crème fraîche
100 ml Riesling white wine
100 ml fish stock
salt
pepper

Butter a serving dish for the oven, sprinkle the shallots on the bottom. Season the trouts with salt and pepper and place on top of the shallots.
Pour the Riseling and the fish stock over the trouts. Cover with aluminium foil and bake for 20 minutes at 180°C.
Remove the sauce from the dish and in a sauce pan, bring to a boil. Add a table spoon of butter and crème fraîche. Reduce the heat and stir well. Dissolve the flour in the lemon juice and add to the sauce, while mixing well. If you do not wish to have any chunks, you can pass the sauce through a sieve (I like to have some pieces, thus I did not do this).

Serve the fish on a plate. Pour the sauce over the fish and place the Gromperekichelcher next to the trout.
Enjoy with some chilled Riesling.

I must admit that this recipe reminded me of my mom's recipes for trouts. Lovely! The sauce was delightful.

Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment