Tuesday 30 May 2017

Day 103: Macedonia and Tavče gravče


Good evening, Raffies!

Tonight we are going to the country with one of my favourite flags: Macedonia!
We are making a traditional Macedonian dinner: Tavče gravče.
This dish is usually served on a Friday night and, since most Macedonians are Christian Orthodox, it is often meatless. It is said that every real Macedonian household serves Tavče gravče once a week.
This simple dish consists of baked white beans with chilies, pepper, onions and oil.

For my recipe, I have used this version. Since several photos showed a sausage on the beans, I decided to dig deeper and was able to find some loukanika to accompany with the dish.
I actually did not expect to like this dish this much, but I must say that it is delicious! And furthermore, it is really easy to make. You should try it sometime!


Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment