Thursday 27 April 2017

Day 70: Guatemala and jocón



Buenas tardes, Raffies!

Today was a day off, for it is Kingsday in the Netherlands. However, I have been busy cooking.
For instance, I made my husband very happy, since he was complaining about my making only fruity smoothies. Therefore, I decided to make a chocolate one for him..What do you think?


Anyways, today's country was Guatemala and some nice jocón.
The recipe is quite simple. The only tricky thing might be finding tomate verde. I myself, was able to get my hands on only 2. For the rest, I have used normal tomatoes and yellow ones..Therefore, my version might not be as green as it is on the pictures I had found on Google.

For the jocón you'll need:

300 g chicken, diced
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 red and 1 green bell pepper
500 g tomato verde (ideally the canned ones)
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 bayleaf
1 tbsp oregano
1 c stock or water
1 tbsp sauce binder
2 chiles
salt
pepper
olive oil

Start by frying the onions, garlic and peppers until the onion is tender and soft. Add the meat, the bayleaf, the tomatoes, the oregano, chilies and salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes and then add the stock. Cook until tender. Dissolve the sauce binder in some water and add to the sauce. Stir well and once the sauce has thickened, remove from the heat. Serve with white rice.

The dish was delicious and very easy to make. I will definitely make it again. Hopefully, the next time I will be able to get more tomatillos.


Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment