Wednesday 26 April 2017

Day 69: Grenada and Jerk chicken wings


Good evening, Raffles!

Today we are fleeing the cold Dutch weather and going to the Caribbean. We are going to Grenada!
Actually, I wanted to make Oil Down, the traditional dish of Grenada, but I could not find the needed breadfruit. Therefore, I will have to wait till I get a chance to go to the Caribbean and try the real deal.

My backup recipe was Jerk chicken wings. I started marinating the wings a couple of hours before cooking the wings.
For the marinate, you'll need:

1 onion
2 scallions
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c jalapeño or chile
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 c oil

Mix the ingredients together ans crush them in a mortar, until you'll have a nice smooth paste. Using rubber gloves, rub the paste on your chicken wings and leave to rest for at least one hour.
Heat the oven at 225° C and cook for around 30 minutes.

I must say that I loved the marinate for the wings! Lovely flavour!


Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment