Monday 24 April 2017

Day 67: Ghana and Chichinga with African rice

Good evening Raffles!

Today we are going to Ghana and enjoying a common street food: Chichinga with some typical African rice.
While choosing the recipe for this country, I have come to realise that the Ghanaian cuisine is a very rich and varied cuisine. One dish that I would have liked to try, was the stuffed crab..Guess I'll have to come back then..

Well first things first, the Chichinga is a common snack that you can find on the streets in Ghana.
This recipe helped me out quite a bit, although I used beef instead of chicken, like it was on another recipe.

As for the rice, I recycled the beans I had left from Benin, therefore they are white instead of red. And I followed this recipe.

It was lovely. The marinated meat was so tender and juicy..I can definitely picture myself enjoying it on the street.


Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment