Wednesday 19 April 2017

Day 62: France and Coq au vin

Bonsoir!

Tonight, despite my blasting headache, we are going to France and enjoy some of its legendary cuisine: Coq au vin.
This recipe is said to have its roots all the way back to ancient Gaul and Julius Caesar.
Julia Child introduced Coq au vin to the US-American tables.
And we are going to make it tonight.
I grew up with a half-French grandma, therefore I have been eating French dishes all my life. Nevertheless, I always cherish an opportunity to cook something French.

Obviously, I marinated the chicken in red wine one day before cooking it, as the recipe suggested.
The result was marvellous. My grandma would be proud of me.

For those of you who would like to try this dish, here is Julia Child's recipe. I myself used a French version.


Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment