Tuesday 18 April 2017

Day 61: Finland and Karjalanpiirakka

Hyvää iltaa!

Today we are going to a country I have always had a deep connection to. In my teenage years I had the strong love and passion for Finland and I have studied the language for 3 years. Alas, after not using it that much, it has gotten a bit rusty on the active part.

Each and every time I have been to Finland, I have eaten Karjalanpiirakka. It is a must that I associate immediately with this wonderful country and its great people.
I have never made them from scratch all by myself. Usually there was always a nice Finn helping me out. I think, for a first try, they did not turn out that bad. The taste was great, the shape could be improved.

As for you eager to try these Karelian pies (Karelia is the region furthest East, close to the Russian border), here is a nice English version for you :)
I am curious to see how yours look.


Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment