Thursday 20 April 2017

Day 63: Gabon and Nyembwe Chicken

Welcome to Gabon!

I must say that this was quite the adventure. For Gabon, I have decided to make a nice cucumber salad and Nyembwe Chicken. On the picture it looks less dark as on the recipe. It might be that this is because I used normal butter, instead of palm butter.

Well..let's start with the chicken. This had to be grilled or barbecued on wood chips, while standing on a full can of beer. Alas, I do not have a picture of this and I am awfully sorry.
As for the recipe, as usual you can follow the one I have used.
I admit, that I did not know much about cuisine in Gabon and now I am really intrigued.
The sauce accompanying the chicken was really simple: just butter and onions.

As for the salad, here is the recipe. (I must say that the chicken with mustard on that site will be the next in line for Gabon). I really liked the salad and I thought that it would be a nice option for a very hot day.

As for the whole experience, it was definitely fun and although simple, quite delightful.


 Love, Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment