Tuesday 11 April 2017

Day 53: Egypt and Koshari

Good evening, Raffies!

Today we are going to one of the countries that is high up on my bucket list: the country of the pyramids and the Pharaohs..We are going to Egypt!

To be honest, I wanted to make Mulukhiyah for Egypt, but I found out that these leaves are incredibly hard to find..so this recipe is still on my list of dishes to try..
Instead, I went for the national dish of Egypt: Koshari.
For this dish, I have followed this lovely recipe. The preparation is well tedious and long, but the result is absolutely satisfying! My advice to you, if you have the patience and the time: do it! It is awesome!
I love the consistency of it and how the different ingredients mingled so perfectly together. The lentils with the rice and the noodles, the chickpeas and the spicy sauce..it was amazing!


Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment