Wednesday 1 March 2017

Day 10: Austria and Palatschinke mit Marillenmarmelade

Grützi Raffies!

The big 1-0 has arrived! The first 10 days of this challenge are over and I wanted to thank you all for accompanying me in my journey. Still 187 dishes to go!

I must admit that I did not know about the Pancake Day and that when I was choosing all the dishes for the challenge, I wanted to change from the main-course-type of challenge once in a while.
My grandma used to live close to the Austrian border, which means that I grew up with family in Austria and a very close relationship to this country.
I know that Austria is famous for its desserts and pastries and this is why I decided to go for a dessert. One of my favourites as a kid was Palatschinke. This is basically a pancake traditionally filled with "Marillenmarmelade", apricot jam. Other versions are obviously also common, like Nutella or fruits, ice-cream, etc. So here is my Austrian contribution to Pancake Day: Happy Pancake Day, everybody!

Did you celebrate Pancake day?

See you tomorrow for the last country with the letter "A"

Love,

Raffi


No comments:

Post a Comment