Wednesday 1 March 2017

Day 11: Azerbaijan and their Dushbara


Dear Raffies!

Where should I begin? One simple word: aaaaaaah (sighing ah).
This food challenge is challenging me with dishes I had never tried before. Today it was dumplings! I had made Chinese dumplings and gyoza before, but nothing Caucasian or from Central Asia. Therefore, although I had actually wanted to make the traditional flatbread from Azerbaijan, I decided to try making Dushbara. These are dumplings filled with lamb and served in a rich lamb broth. After over an hour of folding the tiny dumplings, it was time to taste..How could I put the flavour into words? Let's say that it is a perfect remedy against the cold wind and rain outside.

Have you ever tried making these dumplings or maybe the Russian pelmeni? Here is the recipe I have used.

Have a great evening, everyone!


Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment