Saturday 8 July 2017

Day 142: Portugal and Caldo Verde


Good evening, Raffies!

Sorry about yesterday..Sometimes I get these awful headaches and the only way to get rid of them is sleep..
After a good night's sleep I felt better. In the end, I did not even enjoy the cabbage rolls, due to my terrible headache. I only ate one and went to bed as soon as possible.
Today we are going to Portugal and after yesterday, a nice soothing soup was exactly what I needed. We are making Caldo Verde!

The recipe is really simple and the result is scrumptious:
2 tbsp olive ooil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
1 l water
150 g linguica sausage, sliced
salt
pepper
500 g kale, julienned


Start by frying the onion and the garlic in olive oil in a large pan.
Add the potatoes and cook for a few minutes. Now add the water and bring to a boil. Then leave on medium heat for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are mushy.
In the meantime, fry the sausage to drain most of the fat and set aside.
Now mach the potatoes and add salt and pepper. Add the sausage and simmer for about 5 minutes. In case you have a very dense soup, you can add more water.
Now it is time to stir in the kale and cook for another 5 minutes. The kale should be a bit crunchy still. Serve and enjoy.


I had decided to make this dish for Portugal, because my husband loves soups. In the end, I was the one that was positively surprised at how delicious this simple soup could be.

Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment