Friday 7 July 2017

Day 141: Poland and Golabki


Hello Raffies!

I am sorry for the short post today, but I have a headache that is tearing my head apart.
Today we are going to Poland and enjoying Golabki!

This is a traditional cabbage roll recipe. Simple but delicious.

Here is the recipe:

1/2 head cabbage
250g ground beef
1 cup cooked rice
1 egg
2 garlic cloves
1 large onion
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons marjoram
1 tablespoon thyme (or sage)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 can tomato sauce


First of all, cook the 1 cup of rice. I suggest that you cook the rice in advance.
Chop the onion and mince the garlic. Fry them with melted butter over medium heat until the onion is brown. Set apart.
Beat the egg with 1 tbs of majoram, 1 tbs of thyme or sage, salt and pepper. Add ground beef, rice, onion and garlic, them mix them all well till they get integrated.
Core the cabbage and boil it for easily peeling the leaves off.
Put 1 or 2 tbs of the meat filling in the center of each leaf and fold it to a small package as shown in the pictures.
Done that, put the cabbage rolls into a casserole dish.
Sprinkle the 1 tbs of majoram and bake at 180°C(350°F).
Enjoy them hot!


For my version I used a red cabbage which we got from @demoerbei.
Even though I did not eat much due to my headache, it was really good!

Love, Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment