Tuesday 9 May 2017

Day 82: Irish Stew


Good evening, Raffies!

Today we are late, as usual due to my Dutch lessons.
Therefore, we are going to enjoy an old classic: Irish stew.

As soon as I had come home from work, I prepared the stew and threw it into my pressure pot. When I came home from class, I added the potatoes to the stew, so that they could cook while I was showering..talk about timing :D

I got the recipe for this very traditional Irish dish from an Irish family friend. A nice version of the stew is this one.

The dish was warming and soothing after a long day and a bike ride home in the cold evening air.
The meat was incredibly tender and falling right off the bone. The potatoes ended up being creamy and soft. The broth was just great. A really nice dish for cold days.


Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment