Saturday 15 July 2017

Day 149: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Conch Souse


Hello Raffies!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend. We are enjoying our holiday in Italy..enjoying the sun and the sweet chilling.
Today we are going to the Caribbean, again, with a lovely salad: Conch Souse. Conch is a big mussel that you cannot find in Europe, unfortunately, because of legal restrictions. So for this recipe I decided to use the biggest mussel I could find: scallops.

The recipe is really simple and the result is a delicious salad, perfect for the hot weather:

500 g conch (or any other big mussel)
1 onion, thinly chopped
1 cucumber, diced
2 limes
parsley
black pepper
chili powder
salt

Start by cleaning your conch or mussel and by boiling it in hot water for 1-2 minutes. Leave it to cool down and ideally chill it in the fridge.
Make the pickles by mixing together the cucumber, onion, juice of the limes, pepper, parsley, chili powder and salt. Chop the conch or your mussels and add to the pickle. Serve cold and garnish with parsley.


For those of you who do not know me, I am a big fan of seafood and especially mussels. In summer time, I really like to eat the Italian seafood salads. Therefore, I really enjoyed this simple, yet delicious dish.


Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment