Saturday 20 May 2017

Day 93: Kyrgyzstan and Oromo


Good evening, Raffies!

Today we are going to Kyrgyzstan and enjoying some nice steamed pasta. Somehow, this country has always fascinated me, especially because all I know about Kyrgyzstan comes from the countless documentaries I watched. The landscape looks so amazing..

Anyway, Oromo is a traditional dish in Kyrgyzstan. It basically is filled and steamed pasta. For the filling, meat is commonly used with onions and occasionally some vegetables.

Apart from taking ages to roll out the pasta, the recipe was pretty straight forward.
I used this recipe to help me out with the cooking. Since we are only two people, we halved the amount and decided to add some pumpkin and potatoes, simply because I had some pumpkin in the freezer waiting to be used. As I had read, I accompanied my Oromo with some yoghurt sauce.

After waiting for approximately 45 minutes for the Oromo to be steamed, I could finally enjoy my dinner, while watching the semifinals of the ice-hockey worldcup. Yes, I am a huge fan of ice-hockey, always have been.

But back to business, the Oromo was lovely and I really enjoyed the consistency and the flavour. It somehow reminded me of a big steamed dumpling. You should try it sometime!


 Love, Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment