Saturday 22 April 2017

Day 65: Georgia and Khinkali

Good evening, guys!


Today we are going to Georgia. This is a country I would definitely like to visit someday soon.
Khinkali, the dish I have picked out for Georgia, are a traditional type of dumpling.
This dumpling has the size of a fist, sometimes even bigger, and is filled with lamb meat and a juicy, brothy sauce. The combination is amazing.
As for the recipe, I have halved the amount of this recipe that wonderfully guides you through the procedure step-by-step.
I must say that in the beginning I was a bit nervous about making these dumplings. I feared the dough would not turn out to be that easy to work and that the shaping the dumpling would be very difficult. Much to my surprise, this wasn't the case and the lovely scent that embraced the kitchen while boiling them proved me that this would be a great experience.
The Khinkali were amazing. Steaming hot, juicy and flavourful. Lovely!


Have you ever tried them?

Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment