Thursday 30 March 2017

Day 41: Republic of the Congo and Goat stew

Hello Raffies!

Today was the day of my first injury while cooking. I managed to heavenly cut my finger while peeling the yams. But fear not, all is well and after applying a pressure band-aid I was back preparing today's dish.

We are going to the country that has among the last gorillas' living in the wild..
We are preparing a dish that is not only common in Congo, but in most West African countries: Goat stew.
You start by marinating the meat in a paste of onions, ginger, chili peppers, garlic and tomatoes. Then you fry the meat until brown, add some water and tomato concentrate and leave it to simmer for about 30 minutes, until the meat is tender. You then add chopped onions, tomatoes, aubergines and cook it on a low flame for another 30 minutes. In the meantime, you prepare the fufu. This recipe is a good help for this dish. If you can't find goat meat, lamb or beef also work.

The flavour was really nice and the meat was incredibly tender. I must say that I have enjoyed it, despite my cut! ;)



Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment